Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto. Bring pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to instructions. Process until creamy but with visible pieces of herb remaining. Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
Bring water for pasta to rolling boil. In food processor jar, add pesto ingredients except olive oil. With motor running on low, add olive oil in slow stream until pesto is. You can cook Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto
- It’s 500 g of spaghetti.
- You need 50 g of fresh basil.
- It’s Clove of garlic.
- It’s Tablespoon of chopped, peeled, unsalted pistachio nuts.
- Prepare Tablespoon of chopped, peeled, unsalted walnuts.
- It’s Teaspoon of Parmesan.
- It’s Teaspoon of Pecorino.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Toss pasta with pesto, zucchini, and ½ cup of cooking water;. Blend until mixture is very finely chopped. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water. Making this Sicilian ricotta and pistachio pasta.
Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto step by step
- Bring pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to instructions. Wash and dry basil. Add to food processor. Add garlic, nuts and oil. Whizz up.
- Add cheese and more oil and keep whizzing up until you get a smooth paste, adding more oil as needed.
- Drain pasta al dente, saving a cup of pasta cooking water. Add pesto and cooking water. Mix well and serve with chopped nuts on top 😍.
I have already posted another recipe for pistachio pesto on its own with scialatielli pasta. In this recipe, ricotta is creamed with the pasta cooking water and then mixed with a simple pistachio pesto. This is a super easy recipe that only takes as long as it takes to boil the water and cook. From Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times. This is like a winter pesto, with a higher percentage of walnuts and parsley (always available) filling in for summer's basil.