Creamy Pesto Bacon Chicken Pasta. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, then remove from the pot and set aside.
How to make Creamy Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta Sauté bacon in a saucepan or medium wok until slightly crispy. Set aside half of the bacon for topping. Add garlic to the same pan and cook until brown. You can cook Creamy Pesto Bacon Chicken Pasta using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Bacon Chicken Pasta
- It’s 1 lb of bacon sliced.
- You need 2 of chicken boobs, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of I tsp crushed red pepper.
- You need 9 oz of bag of spinach.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1 lb of spaghetti.
- You need 1/2 cup of pesto.
- Prepare 1 cup of shaved parmasan.
Stir in beans, chicken broth, cream, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined and reduce heat to low. Stir in pasta, bacon crumbles and chicken. Chicken and bacon always go well together.
Creamy Pesto Bacon Chicken Pasta instructions
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat cook the bacon until beginning to crisp..
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and turn the heat up to high. Add the chicken and brown..
- Remove the chicken and add to the bacon. Cook off whatever liquid remains in the pot until it's bacon grease again..
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onions and cook 2min until starting to show color.
- Add the salt, pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Cook until stuff begins to brown and stick to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the spinach.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the stock and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles and turn heat to low. Cook covered, but continuing to stir the noodles for 10 min..
- Add the pesto and parmasan. Stir into the sauce.
- Add the bacon and chicken and stir into the noodles. Turn the heat off and cover. Clean dishes up while the chicken reheats..
But then again bacon goes well with almost anything. The creamy pesto sauce is great on its own as a sauce, but when smother it in chicken and bacon, it's just too good. There is a good reason why this plate is so popular. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until the chicken is slightly browned on the outside. This Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta is one for all those days when nothing but a creamy pasta will do.