Fresh Eggplant Parmesan.
You can have Fresh Eggplant Parmesan using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 2 large of Eggplants.
- You need 1 lb of Fresh mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 24 oz of Jar of garlic and herb tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 bunch of Fresh basil (chopped).
- You need 2 cup of Fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Fresh bread crumbs (lightly toasted).
- You need 2 tbsp of Pre-grated Parmesan cheese (you know, the shaky kind).
Fresh Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Pre heat oven to 450.
- Cut each eggplant into 6 1-1 1/2 inch slices.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto a baking sheet and place each each slice of eggplant on it, lightly salt and pepper the top and bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggplant is a deep brown color..
- Meanwhile, chop your fresh basil, cut your mozzarella into 1/8 inch slices and grate your Parmesan cheese..
- Place your baked eggplant on a dish to cool for about 10 min and reduce oven temp to 350.
- Place the biggest 6 slices of eggplant on the bottom of a 8×12 inch baking pan. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of sauce on each slice then sprinkle your fresh basil, top that with your mozzarella slices and then the fresh Parmesan..
- Place the other six slices of eggplant on top of the the first ones and repeat the layers of sauce, basil and cheeses..
- In a small bowl combine the pre-grated (shaky) Parmesan with the fresh bread crumbs and sprinkle over top of the dish..
- Bake for 30 min uncovered or until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- Dish is ready to serve.