Pasta with pesto Genovese. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. The shape is rolled by hand — no pasta machine required (hooray). I cannot find the photos anywhere now but I made it a few years ago.
Pesto is a very popular dish in Italy, so much so that you can find "ready-made" versions in all supermarkets, from freshly made pesto to bottled ones. Pesto is traditionally served with trenette (flat narrow dried pasta similar to linguine) or trofie (short hand-twisted pasta). Before you drain the saucepan, remove and reserve about ½ cupful of the cooking liquid. You can have Pasta with pesto Genovese using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with pesto Genovese
- It’s of Approx 40-50g of fresh basil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare Tablespoon of or so of pecorino cheese.
- Prepare Tablespoon of or so of Parmesan.
- You need of Small handful of pine nuts.
- It’s of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Pasta: 500g (for 4 people).
- It’s of Water and salt.
Tip the drained potatoes, beans and pasta back into the dry pan. Add the pesto from the processor and enough cooking water to give a runny sauce that coats the strands of pasta as you work it through with a fork or pasta claw. Traditionally, this Italian pasta recipe combines pasta and pesto with potatoes and green beans. In our recipe for Spaghetti Genovese we give pesto a nutritional boost by adding spinach and toss it all together with fiber-rich whole-wheat pasta for a warm, comforting weeknight meal.
Pasta with pesto Genovese instructions
- Wash and dry basil. Add to mini chopper or food processor. Add garlic roughly chopped, glug of oil, whizz it up.
- Then add the grated cheese and whizz some more. Add another wee bit of oil..
- Add pine nuts as last and continue whizzing..
- End result :).
- Add to cooked pasta. When you drain it, drain quickly, the dripping water will help mix up the pesto. Mix it all up and enjoy, it's delicious, trust me.
Serve with escarole and radicchio salad. In a large serving bowl, toss pasta, green beans, potatoes, and pesto. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately. The most famous recipe with basil pesto is "Pesto Avvantaggiato" also called simply "Pesto Alla Genovese". The pasta, commonly Linguine or Trofie, is cooked along with green beans and diced potatoes, then tossed with basil pesto.