Pasta Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham.
It has all of the same components wrapped in fresh pasta sheets and the sauce has a slightly spicy cajun flavor. It presents really well and each slice holds juicy chicken, ham and pasta. Chicken cordon bleu comes from the French word for blue ribbon, which is a term that is applied to food of the highest standard. You can have Pasta Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu
- You need of For Chicken.
- You need 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/4 pound of thin sliced black forrest ham.
- It’s 4 of fresh pasta sheets.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s of For Cajun Cream Sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 of tabespoon mustard sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juicel.
- You need 2 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each cayenne and black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of each olive oil and butter for cooking.
- You need 1/4 cup of marscapone cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of each fresh chopped basil and parsley.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
A traditional version involves a lot of assembly. This pasta tastes just like the stuffed chicken breast, but in a luscious creamy pasta form that takes less work. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole comes together pretty easily! Start by cooking your pasta until al dente.
Pasta Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu instructions
- Cut chicken into 4 cutlets, season chicken with cajun season lemon, garlic and mayonaise. Let sit 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Boil pasta sheets as directed on package, lay flat to cool.
- Wrap chicken with ham.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet and cook chicken until just done, Turing once about 8 minutes per side, remove to plate.
- Brush a thin layer of mustard on pasta sheet. Wrap pasta sheet around cooked ham wrapped chicken.
- Make Sauce.
- In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in melt butter, add flour and whisk 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth then cream, cajun seasoning. cayenne, mustard, black pepper and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 5 minutes add and whisk in marscapone, romano and lemon until smooth.
- Add parsley, green onions and basil and remove from heat.
- Spray abaking dish large enough to hold chicken rolls in one layer. Add some sauce to baking dish then add chicken rolls and cover with saue. I used 2 pans just because one person was eating later so I cooked them at different times.
- Top with cheese and green onions and bake about 20 minutes in a preheated 375 oven. Serve hot.
While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter, then add in the heavy cream, garlic and white pepper. Sprinkle the top of the Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole with bread crumbs then drizzle the butter over the top of the bread crumbs. Everything is cooked so you don't need to cook that long. Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta is a delicious take on the old French Classic!