Penne Pasta With Avocado Pesto. Penne with Avocado Pesto made with creamy, ripe avocado, fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil makes a deliciously quick weeknight meal. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drain, rinse, and return the pasta to the pot.
Find out more about the ingredients and the step by step recipe! In the meantime dry roast the pine nuts in a frying. Dress the pasta with the pesto when the pasta is hot. You can cook Penne Pasta With Avocado Pesto using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penne Pasta With Avocado Pesto
- Prepare 1 packet of penne pasta.
- It’s of Avocado pesto.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 Teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Roasted peanuts.
Pasta happens to be a wholesome, filling and easy to cook dish. A healthy pasta dish made from my favourite penne pasta with avocado pesto, is the comfort food I could eat for all my meals AND as a snack! I use lentil or whole-wheat or brown rice pasta. In a pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook as per packet directions.
Penne Pasta With Avocado Pesto instructions
- Add water, salt and vegetable oil in c pan.
- Add black peper.
- Add penne pasta once water boils.
- Cook pasta on low heat until al dente. Don't overcook you need the penne pasta to retain its shape.
- Drain pasta of the water and run under cold water to remove starch.
- Add the avocado pesto (get recipe on my profile) into the pasta. Mix until all the pasta has the avocado pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted peanuts.
Meanwhile, for the pesto, place avocado flesh, pine nuts, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and basil into a food processor. While the food processor is running, add olive oil, lemon juice and enough water needed to create a smooth pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add olive oil and pulse until creamy. Remove blade from food processor and stir diced tomatoes into the creamy pesto.