Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto medium spaghetti squash • unsalted butter • chives, washed and chopped roughly • chopped garlic, divided • sea salt, divided • fresh cracked black pepper • raw brazil nuts • lemon juice Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Put the shredded squash in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Using a fork scrape out the squash flesh into a bowl; it will separate into spaghetti-like strands. Toss well and serve immediately, or to make the chickpeas, continue on. To make the chickpeas: Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. You can have Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto
- It’s 1 of medium spaghetti squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 c of chives, washed and chopped roughly.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of chopped garlic, divided.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt, divided.
- Prepare 1/4-1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 3 of raw brazil nuts.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 c of grated parmesan cheese, divided.
Instructions Halve squash and remove seeds. Once tender, use a fork to pull out squash strands. Rachael Ray shared three fresh ways to top the pasta substitute Spaghetti Squash, with ideas like Cacio e Pepe, Spinach-Walnut Pesto, and Romesco sauce. Halve squash along the length and put on baking trays, with cut side down.
Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto instructions
- Bake spaghetti squash at 400° F for 50- 60 minutes until well cooked..
- Melt butter in a pan. Add 1 heaping spoonful of chopped garlic or 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped to butter and heat gently until garlic is golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you like a traditional cacio e pepe with a lot of pepper flavor, use a full tsp..
- Chop chives to macerate and smash brazil nuts with a heavy knife handle until well crushed. Squeeze lemon juice on chives, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and add a 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic to chives. Mix and crush together with brazil nuts with a fork to make a quick pesto. Let flavors meld while preparing the rest of dish..
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Use a fork to separate squash strands and place in a bowl. Add garlic butter and most of parmesan. Reserve 2-3 tbsp to top dish. Mix well..
- Plate, top with chive pesto and remaining parmesan cheese. You may return squash to squash shells, broil in oven then top with chive pesto and cheese then serve if desired..
I served it with a vegan Italian sausage on the side. I truly enjoy the simplicity of the dish cacio e pepe so very delicious. I added extra cheeses and a bit of. If you were to watch a practiced hand make cacio e pepe, you might think the instructions were as simple as this: Cook spaghetti and drain. Toss with olive oil, butter, black pepper, and grated Pecorino Romano cheese.