Eggplant Parmesan Casserole.
You can cook Eggplant Parmesan Casserole using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- You need 1 of whole eggplant, skinned and cubed.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 10-20 of basil leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan.
- Prepare 1 (45 oz) of jar of pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cups of dried penne.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole step by step
- Heat oil in a frying pan at medium high heat..
- Blend together eggs and flour. If it looks too thick add a bit of milk..
- Add a handful of the cubed eggplant to the batter and carefully place each one in the hot oil. Fry until each cube turns gold and starts to float the oil..
- Transfer cooked eggplant to a casserole dish. Repeat steps 3 until all the eggplant has been cooked and add the basil leaves..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Boil the 4 cups of water for the pasta and cook penne for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain pasta and add it to the eggplant pieces. Sprinkle with half a cup of parmesan and toss..
- Cover the penne and eggplant with the pasta sauce then top with remaining parmesan..
- Bake casserole for 15-20 minutes to heat through. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving..