Easy Hamburger Soup. Directions In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water.
Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal loaded with vegetables, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. It's great made ahead of time, reheats well and freezes perfectly. This hamburger soup is a quick meal when you need it, but it tastes like it has been tucked away on the stove for hours. You can cook Easy Hamburger Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Hamburger Soup
- Prepare 1 lb. of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 cups of mixed vegetables, fresh or frozen.
The key ingredient is, of course, hamburger. Brown the hamburger first, and then use the fat released by the meat to cook the vegetables. This gives the veggies great flavor! Russet potatoes are used in this recipe because of their starchiness which is released as the potatoes cook in the broth, becoming part of the foundation of a rich, thick soup.
Easy Hamburger Soup step by step
- In a stock pot, brown beef with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain..
- Add potatoes, broth, tomatoes, tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, and bay leaf. Add salt and pepper if desired. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Stir in vegetables. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Freezes well..
I've also been known to add a can of green beans from time to time. Add the slurry back to the soup; stir and simmer until green beans are tender and soup is slightly thickened. Check out our other soup thickening tips! How do you make hamburger soup more flavorful? Combine potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, basil, bouillon, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot.