Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy. Meanwhile, for the gravy: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Use two flat spatulas to transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter. Slice and serve with the mushroom gravy.
Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. If the bacon on the top is not as crisp as you would like, put the meatloaf under the broiler for a few minutes. In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. You can cook Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- You need 2 c of carrots, shredded.
- It’s 1 of med. onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tap of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 2 T of EVOO, coconut oil or butter.
- It’s 4 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 c of beef broth.
- It’s 2 c of carrots, shredded.
It's smothered in a savory mushroom gravy and you won't believe it's actually good for you. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Wrap bacon strips around the loaves to cover completely. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan. Lay bacon strips on top, cover with foil and bake 1 hour..
- In skillet, heat oil ir butter. Cook mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside..
- After baking meatloaf an hour, remove from oven. Remove foil and pour drippings into skillet with mushrooms. Return meatloaf to oven uncovered, cook for 30 min or until thermometer inserted is 160°F and meat no longer pink..
- Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. Add coconut flour 1 T at a time until desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice meatloaf and serve topped with gravy..
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, minced mushrooms, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, eggs, and salt and pepper. While the meatloaf is in the oven you can make the brown gravy. Bring to a simmer and whisk in the flour, butter mixture. Continue whisking until mixture begins to thicken.