Banana Pudding 😋😋 🎉🎉. My husband's favorite dessert is banana pudding, but I didn't make it often because it was so time-consuming. But this recipe is the greatest!!! I have made this at least three times in the past month.
Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Taste of Home has the best banana pudding recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. You can cook Banana Pudding 😋😋 🎉🎉 using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding 😋😋 🎉🎉
- You need 5 of Bananas cut into slices.
- You need Half of a lemon (for the juice).
- Prepare 1 box of Nilla Wafers.
- You need 1 bag of Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies.
- Prepare 12 of large egg yolks, yes 12 (trust me).
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need Pinch of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant french vanilla pudding.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of block cream cheese softened.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of You will need a whisk.
It's a classic Southern recipe, and for good reason; luscious layers of pudding, whipped cream, ripe bananas, and wafer cookies are. Banana pudding is one of those desserts that has a classic old-school connotation. You might think of it as an hours-long process to get the perfect dessert for the church potluck or a quick treat to whip up with pre-made ingredients like Cool Whip and Jell-O pudding. My husband thinks of this recipe as the former and his childhood favorite dessert made by his grandmother.
Banana Pudding 😋😋 🎉🎉 step by step
- Cut up bananas and squeeze lemon juice on it, give them a toss and cover. Lemon juice keeps bananas from turning black 😄.
- Separate egg yolks and place in a bowl also soften the cream cheese in the microwave.
- Pour the milk into a pan on the stove at medium heat.
- Add the yolks and WHISK into the milk.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt, put through a sifter then add to milk mixture and WHISK constantly.
- Keep whisking until starting to get thick and add 2 tsp instant french vanilla pudding this is better than adding more flour.
- Thickening might take 10-15 minutes but go ahead and add the block of cream cheese while the custard is hot and keep whisking until it is all dissolved and your sauce is thick.
- Take off the heat and add the vanilla extract whisking it in then let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Start your layers !! Add a little custard to the bottom of the pan then add a layer of Nilla wafers.
- Then add your sliced bananas on top of the wafers then do another layer the same way.
- Top off the 2 layers with the Chessman cookies Don't forget to chill for a few hours and ENJOY 💗💗💗💗🎉🎉🎉🎉.
- Happy Memorial Day🎉🎉🎉🎉.
- You can cut up bananas just before layering instead 😉.
- Cook's Note: Try heavy cream, condensed milk, and dream whip also try baking the nilla wafers in the oven to get them crispy if leaving in fridge overnite. Layer the top with sliced strawberry and wafers in a round pan..
Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding! Step away from the packaged stuff, it's time to whip up Real Banana Pudding from scratch. At backyard barbecues or polished dinner parties, there's never a bad time to bring out this comforting Southern treat. Smooth, creamy, and oh-so-decadent there are few better ways to finish any meal. "Some like it warm. Others prefer it like I do: nice and cold," says cookbook author and recipe.