Banana Pudding. Pop unpeeled bananas in the fridge to slow the ripening process. They may look a little funky, but they'll taste great. Use plastic wrap over the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
But how did banana pudding come to be associated with the South? The truth is, there's no clear reason. Try new ways of preparing bananas with banana pudding recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. You can cook Banana Pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 7 of bananas.
- It’s 1 box of wafers.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 Box of instant vanilla pudding.
- Prepare 1 container of cool whip.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. It's a classic Southern recipe, and for good reason; luscious layers of pudding, whipped cream, ripe bananas, and wafer cookies are. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth.
Banana Pudding step by step
- Set cream cheese to the side and allow it to get to room temperature..
- Mix Milk and pudding together follow instructions on the box..
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth. Mix pudding mixture with the cream cheese mix. Mix in half of cool whip set other portion aside..
- Layer a bowl with wafers then add a layer of pudding/cream cheese mixture slice up any amount of bananas you would like and repeat. Top pudding off with the remainder of cool whip. I crushed about 5 wafers and sprinkle the crumbs over the cool whip!.
Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. The beloved Southern dessert, like so many other classic Southern dishes, keeps things simple. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. The bananas in banana pudding will begin to brown after two days. I don't recommend freezing banana pudding.