Southwest breakfast lasagna. Perfect for any meal of the day, this colorful lasagna swaps tortillas for standard noodles, and layers scrambled eggs, pork sausage, cheese and salsa. This recipe is made with a Jones All Natural Roll Sausage. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add salsa, cumin, half the garlic, corn, and beans. Combine Velveeta and Ro*Tel in microwaveable bowl. You can cook Southwest breakfast lasagna using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwest breakfast lasagna
- You need 1 container of egg beaters.
- Prepare 1 cup of low fat half and half.
- You need 4 of cheddar jalapeño tortillas.
- You need 1 package of low fat shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need 18 of turkey sausage links (precooked and diced).
- It’s 2 packages of diced ham.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (diced).
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper (diced).
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper (diced).
- Prepare 1/2 package of mushrooms (diced).
In a large skillet, brown shredded chicken in butter or margarine. Add onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, basil and oregano. Then add the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and salsa/picante sauce. Top with the remaining scallions, the parsley and a sprinkle of black pepper.
Southwest breakfast lasagna instructions
- Spray a large baking dish we'll place 2 tortillas on bottom.
- Combine egg beaters with 1 cup of low fat half and half.
- Combine onions, peppers, mushrooms, ham and sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- Place half of mix for 1st layer.
- Pour half of egg mixture distribute evenly.
- Cover with half of cheese.
- Repeat process for 2nd layer.
- Cover bake for 1 hr at 375.
- Divide up into servings mine was 8. Add low fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt with salsa or pico de gallo.
- MFP info for 1/8 of this large casserole very filling.
Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Put a twist on lasagna night with this easy Southwestern Lasagna. It has layers of corn tortillas, cheese, seasoned beef and green chiles -basically all the best taco ingredients but served up as a casserole instead. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. In a small saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil.