Hot Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles!. a Belgian waffle iron For the glaze: Combine the honey, maple syrup, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, vinegar, cayenne and salt in a small saucepot. Mix chicken and all seasonings and flour. Fold eggs whites in waffle batter.
Serve chicken on Sweet Potato Waffles with maple syrup. To make the best southern chicken and waffles you need three elements: perfectly juicy, crispy fried chicken, thick and fluffy waffles, and a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. I love making a spicy honey butter sauce but just swap the honey for maple syrup and you have a spicy maple syrup perfect for drizzling. You can cook Hot Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles! using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles!
- You need 1 lb of Chicken strips.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, cornstarch and garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 can of sweet yams of potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of pancake mix.
- You need 1/2 of of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey and hot sauce.
Meanwhile, mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne in a large brown paper bag. Drain chicken, leaving some herbs still clinging. Season generously with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken then keep it warm in the oven while you whip up the hot sriracha honey and make the waffle batter.
Hot Honey Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles! step by step
- Mix chicken and all seasonings and flour. Then fry for 15 mins..
- Blend milk, pancake mix 1 tablespoon of veg oil and sweet potatoes. Then add into waffle maker..
- Plate then add hot honey mixture on on chicken and garnish with fresh fruits. Enjoy!.
You'll also want to keep the waffles warm, so cook them in batches then place the waffles in a single layer on a separate baking sheet and place in the oven along with the chicken. Everything will be hot and ready when you are! In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet potatoes, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add in milk and continue to mix until well blended. Mix sweet potato, eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, lime juice, vanilla extract, and grated lime zest together in a bowl.