French toast casserole. Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. Since you assemble this baked French toast the previous night, you save time in the morning, and if you have an extra hungry crowd, it's easy to bake up a few batches. Cut each slice in half diagonally to make two.
You can even assemble the casserole the night before and bake it the next morning. French toast is a favorite comfort food for both lazy Saturday mornings and celebratory brunches. But before you pull out your skillet, try taking a casserole approach to French toast. You can cook French toast casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French toast casserole
- Prepare of Breakfast.
- It’s 1 loaf of French bread.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Half and half.
- Prepare 8 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Butter melted.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Light corn syrup.
If you're like most of us, you cherish sleeping in on Saturdays and waking up just in time to roll out of bed and do nothing. Put half of the cubed bread into the bottom of the prepared pan. French Toast Casserole is perfect for prepping the night before and popping in the oven for a weekend or holiday brunch! An overnight French toast bake with cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup and crispy cinnamon sugar topping.
French toast casserole instructions
- Cut or tear french bread into bite sized chunks and place the chunks in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. (larger is ok, smaller is not).
- In a large bowl, mix eggs until well beaten and add milk and half and half, mixing well..
- Add to the custard mixture, the vanilla and cinnamon, mixing well,.
- Pour custard mixture over bread chunks, making sure the bread is well coated. You may need to squish it around a bit. Put this pan in the refrigerator overnight or up to 24 hours in advance..
- When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F farenheit, and mix together melted butter, corn syrup and brown sugar..
- Pour the sugar mixture evenly over the custard soaked bread chunks, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes..
- Allow to sit uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes before digging in..
In small bowl, mix butter and brown sugar. How to make french toast casserole: First, spray bottom of pan with cooking spray or coat with melted butter. Next, mix together eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. French toast casserole is a special occasion breakfast that usually isn't very healthy. I like to make my baked french toast a little bit healthier with these easy ingredient swaps: Use whole wheat french bread instead of white bread.