Breakfast sausage casserole. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Browse Products & Get Recipes Ideas That Are Quick & Easy. Breakfast is a breeze with this all in one breakfast casserole that has sausage, eggs, cheese, bread.
In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly. Drain the grease if there is any. You can have Breakfast sausage casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast sausage casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage.
- You need 16 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 small of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 8 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of italian seasoning, or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper, or to taste.
- You need 2 packages of crescent rolls.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, melted.
Add the cooked sausage mixture on top of the baked hash browns. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the sausage in the hot skillet until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. TEAR bread into small pieces and scatter over bottom of dish.
Breakfast sausage casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Brown breakfast sausage, add onions and green peppers and saute till soft. Mix in cream cheese..
- Mix eggs, and seasonings together..
- In 9×13 glass dish, spray with non-stick spray and lay out one package of crescent rolls. Pour eggs over rolls. Drop sausage cheese mixture into eggs spreading out as well as possible..
- Lay other package of crescent rolls over mixture. Pour melted butter over rolls..
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. May need to cover with foil for the first bit to keep top from browning too much. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting..
This super-easy breakfast casserole is actually good. You can make it the night before and keep the sausage/hash brown mixture separate from the egg mixture, then pour it over top right before it goes into the oven. You might need to cook it a little longer if its cold from the fridge. This is also great if you add a little onion. Made with eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, cubed day old bread, and Italian pork sausage.