Breakfast casserole. Meat, potato, and cheese breakfast casserole. Serve for breakfast for dinner or Sunday brunch with mimosas and coffee. Try mozzarella or pepper jack cheese in place of the Cheddar, or colby-jack in place of the Swiss for variations.
So if you wake up with hungry mouths to feed and no time to spare, you can easily throw these simple breakfast casseroles together in as little as half an hour. These breakfast casserole recipes are the easiest meal ever, whether you make them in the morning or try out an overnight breakfast casserole you're sure to be delighted. Sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage (or ham). You can have Breakfast casserole using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast casserole
- It’s 1 lb of sausage- cooked, drained, and cooled.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of can biscuit dough (10 count).
- You need 2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 6 of eggs well beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce and pour evenly over sausage mixture. This casserole is perfect for a special brunch. It combines the spices of the Southwest with the comfort of a hearty breakfast. You can spice it up by adding cayenne and hot peppers, or mellow it by replacing the tomatoes and green chilies with mild salsa.
Breakfast casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butter or spray 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Press biscuits into bottom of baking dish, sealing all areas to make solid crust.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage and cheese over biscuit crust.
- Combine well beaten eggs with milk, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese.
- Bake for 25 min or until center is firmly set.
It's versatile and easy—no wonder it's a longtime family favorite. A breakfast casserole is one of the most delicious ways to start the day. Whether you're a sweet person who prefers a baked French toast or fruit-filled pancake casserole, or a savory person who likes a hearty sausage-and-grits casserole, cheesy frittata, or enchiladas, we've got a breakfast casserole you'll love. Biscuits, sausage, bacon, cheese, veggies, eggs—this hearty breakfast casserole has it all! The next morning, sprinkle on more cheese and bake until golden brown.