Country breakfast casserole. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Combine sausage with green onion and spread evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. Whisk together eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix; add mixture to baking dish.
Top evenly with cooked sausage (or bacon), onion, and green bell pepper. In a separate dish, mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour this over meat and hash browns. You can cook Country breakfast casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Country breakfast casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of ground sausage (I also add 1/2 sausage, thats my prefrence though.I love tennessee pride, some use Jimmy dean's).
- Prepare 1 of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheese (your preference).
- It’s 6 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 (2 3/5 ounce) of package country gravy mix.
- Prepare 6 slice of bread (french loaf works best!), cut into 1 inch cubes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter (optional).
- It’s 1 of paprika to taste & also add color.. (Optional).
Country Breakfast Casserole This tasty, golden brown casserole can be ready in less than one hour or you can make it the night before, chill and bake it in the morning. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. The Amish Breakfast Casserole is an entire meal in one easy dish.
Country breakfast casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165 degrees C). Grease an 11×8 baking dish..
- Brown sausage in large skillet; drain fat..
- Combine sausage with green onion and spread evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese..
- In medium bowl wisk together eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix; add to the baking dish..
- Arrange bread squares on top. If desired Drizzle melted butter over bread and sprinkle with paprika..
- Bake 40 minutes in the oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside 10 minutes before serving..
- Share a pic!.
You've got your eggs, meat, cheese, and tons of flavor, baked to perfection. It would be wonderful for a weekend breakfast, special. Fill up your breakfast plate with a mountain of cheddar cheese, crispy potatoes, and juicy sausage to keep you full all morning. Get the recipe at Lil' Luna. Christmas morning is a wonderful time to enjoy a hearty Amish Breakfast Casserole.