Mashed potatoes in mustard sauce. Light and fluffy mashed potatoes get a flavor boost from whole grain mustard in this easy-to-make side dish. The first time I had mustard mashed potatoes was at an Irish restaurant served with bangers 'n mash. The flavor is somewhat similar to a German style potato salad.
Definitely a twist on mashed potatoes – you boil the potatoes in milk/cream instead of water, then use the liquid when mashing. Curious to see if this would work with I enjoyed this recipe. The left over milk/potato mixture is a great base for a pasta sauce the next day. You can cook Mashed potatoes in mustard sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mashed potatoes in mustard sauce
- Prepare 3 of medium sized sweet potato tubers.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 of tea spoon of coarsely ground roasted black pepper.
- You need 3 of table spoons of fresh cream.
- You need 1 of table spoon of salted butter.
- It’s 1 of table spoon of mustard sauce.
- Prepare 1 sprig of freshly chopped coriander.
Just a way i found to not waste it. And the mashed potatoes along with the cream sauce is to die for. If you want me to share any other of your favourite continental platter The chicken in this is juicy and moist and when topped with that creamy mustard sauce is just yum.instead of cream in the sauce, i used milk and it. Add the potatoes, coarsely mash and let evaporate briefly.
Mashed potatoes in mustard sauce step by step
- Cut all the potatoes into chunks and boil them in salted water till tender.
- Drain the potatoes of excess water and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- With the help of either a spatula or a potato masher, mash everything together till the consistency becomes smooth.
- You can warm this dish before serving it with meat.
Mix in the rest of the butter, add the onions, stir in and season the puree with salt and nutmeg. Portion the mashed potatoes on preheated plates using a Garnier ring. Lift the fish from the marinade and arrange on top. Divide potatoes between prepared baking sheets, leaving any excess mustard mixture behind in bowl. I want to try this – I'll probably mix whole brown mustard seed with taragon mustard though – maybe mash a little stilton cheese in it.