Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole. Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole This simple breakfast casserole is the perfect blend of apples, cinnamon and breakfast bread to create a mouth watering morning treat. Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole makes the perfect dish to bring to a breakfast,brunch, or special occasion, and even a great addition to a Christmas morning breakfast. Apple Fritter Casserole is an easy breakfast treat that's made with crescent rolls, granny smith apples, brown sugar, cinnamon topped with an easy glaze!
With layers of flaky croissants, caramelized apples and cream flavored with Apple Butter all baked to perfection. Top that with sweet glaze, there is no way that this Apple Fritter Casserole could be anything but delicious! Take the refrigerated biscuits out of the cans and flatten a bit. You can have Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole
- You need 5 cup of (4-5) Fuji Apples, peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of corn starch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of warm water.
- It’s 5 large of bakery croissants – sliced in half across the middle.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of mussleman's apple butter.
- You need 3 large of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of heavy cream.
Lay half in a layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole This apple fritter breakfast casserole combines all your favorite flavors of apple fritter donuts into a breakfast casserole. Simple to prepare, place in the oven, and enjoy apple fritter breakfast casserole for everyone to enjoy. Breakfast Casserole Recipes. mmm apple fry fritters.yumm!
Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole instructions
- For the Apple Mixture: Melt butter in a large sauté pan, over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until completely incorporated. Transfer chopped apples to pan and stir until coated with sugar mixture. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring frequently. In a small bowl, stir together the corn starch and warm water. Add the corn starch mixture to apples and continue to cook/stir for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside while prepping the other ingredients. The apples should be soft and the liquid will be a syrup consistency..
- For the Casserole: Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together the heavy cream, Musselman's Apple Butter, eggs and cinnamon. Spray 9×11 casserole dish with non-stick. Place the bottom halves of the croissants in an even layer. Pour half of the apple butter/cream mixture over the croissants. Top with half of the caramelized apple mixture. Arrange the croissant tops in an even layer. Top with the remaining cream mixture and apples. Pour all of the syrupy apple mixture over the casserole. Gently press down on the top with a wooden spoon or spatula. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Once lightly browned on top; remove from oven, glaze and serve..
- For the Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and heavy cream together with a fork until smooth. Drizzle over the Apple Fritter Casserole. (These measurements yield 1/2 cup of glaze.).
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk, eggs and oil and stir until well blended. Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole is the perfect recipe for holidays or any time you want a fun breakfast without a ton of work. This easy breakfast casserole loaded with fresh apples and a delicious streusel topping! Overnight French Toast Makes Breakfast Easy This Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole is especially perfect in the fall with fresh off the tree apples!