Breakfast Casserole. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Find breakfast casserole recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. Serve for breakfast for dinner or Sunday brunch with mimosas and coffee.
They're so versatile — choose between savory sausage casseroles or sweet French toast casseroles and everything in between. Maybe the best part about breakfast casseroles is that most of the prep work can be done ahead of time. This casserole is perfect for a special brunch. You can cook Breakfast Casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole
- It’s 12 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 lb of ground breakfast sausage or bacon.
- Prepare 1 packages of diced or shredded frozen potatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Shredded Mild Cheese.
It combines the spices of the Southwest with the comfort of a hearty breakfast. You can spice it up by adding cayenne and hot peppers, or mellow it by replacing the tomatoes and green chilies with mild salsa. It's versatile and easy—no wonder it's a longtime family favorite. Sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage (or ham).
Breakfast Casserole instructions
- Sauté onion and sausage/diced bacon in a pan with oil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- While onions are sautéing whisk salt, pepper, milk and eggs in a large bowl until well incorporated..
- Coat a 9×13 baking or casserole dish spray or coat with oil or cooking spray. Add potatoes to bottom of pan..
- Add 1/2 of cheese on top of potatoes, followed by meat and onion mixture..
- Next pour in eggs and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes on 375°F..
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce and pour evenly over sausage mixture. The Best Breakfast Casserole is a thick and creamy egg base with shredded potatoes, chunks of ham and flavorful cheese blends that bakes up in no time. Make ahead or enjoy the morning of during the holidays! Breakfast for the holidays is a favorite for us! A breakfast casserole is one of the most delicious ways to start the day.