Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone). Oatmeal is a breakfast food made from oats and liquid like water or milk. Many foods fall in and out of favor as health trends come and go. A creamy, chocolatey breakfast treat minus the fat and excessive sugar.
Serve with a splash of cold milk. Oatmeal is a very popular breakfast food that consists of oats and a liquid, such as water, cow's milk, or plant-based milk. Full of nutrients and fiber, oats are one of the most nutritious. You can have Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- Prepare 100 g of Flour.
- It’s 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 25 g of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- You need 120 g of Milk (or cream).
- Prepare 60 g of Oatmeal.
- It’s 35 g of Walnuts.
Combine oats, milk, water, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Making oatmeal is easy, and it's the perfect meal for fast breakfasts. We'll show you how to make delicious oatmeal, including tips for how to use rolled oats, quick oats, and steel-cut oats.
Oatmeal & Walnut Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare another cookie sheet and roast the walnuts until lightly browned – 3-5 min. Let cool completely..
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for 5 min and put aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk mixture and roasted walnuts to the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Once you know how to cook oatmeal, try our favorite oatmeal recipes. Oats and oatmeal are packed with fiber, protein, and tons of vitamins and minerals. They are such a versatile food and can be incorporated into practically any meal of the day. Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast as oatmeal, which is made by boiling oats in water or milk. Oatmeal is often referred to as porridge.