Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone). The tomato is the edible berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl (the language used by the Aztecs) word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived.
Labelled as a vegetable for nutritional purposes, tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C and the phytochemical lycopene. The fruit is a familiar food, but the fruit, leaf, and vine are also sometimes used to make medicine. Some people use tomato for high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, cancer, and. You can cook Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- Prepare 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 100 g of Mini Tomatoes (or 50 g Tomato Juice).
- You need 3 big of Basil Leaves.
Its nutritional content supports healthful skin, weight loss, and heart health. The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a fruit from the nightshade family native to South America. Despite botanically being a fruit, it's generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. Tomatoes are not hard to grow; they're incredibly productive, versatile in the kitchen, and so delicious off the vine.
Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Tear the basil leaves and set aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl..
- Paste the mini tomatoes using the stick mixer and pour into the dry mixture. Add the teared basil leaves. Use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Our guide covers all the information you need to grow tomatoes successfully—including selecting tomato varieties, starting seeds, transplanting tomatoes outside, using tomato stakes and cages, and tomato plant care. Growing tomatoes is often the impetus for starting a vegetable garden, and every tomato lover dreams of growing the ultimate tomato: firm but juicy, sweet but tangy, aromatic, and blemish free. Unfortunately, there are few vegetables that are prone to more problems than tomatoes. Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets Tomatoes are the number one homegrown crop, and it's no wonder.