English muffin & sausage casserole. Keep baked muffins in a warm oven until all have been cooked. Allow to cool and place in plastic bags for storage. An English muffin is a small, round, flat yeast-leavened bread which is commonly sliced horizontally, toasted, and buttered.
English muffins are stovetop affairs — no need to turn on the oven! Cook them in a large skillet (cast iron, stainless steel, or nonstick are all fine) with just a bit of butter to keep them from sticking. English muffins have a two step cooking method. You can cook English muffin & sausage casserole using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of English muffin & sausage casserole
- It’s 1 pack of thomas english muffins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- You need 1 lb of mild ground sausage.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of pimentos chopped.
- You need 2 cups of chedder cheese shredded.
First, they are cooked in a dry pan over low heat until a nice golden crust is formed. Then, they get put in the oven to let the insides finish. Unlike banana bran muffins and cinnamon raisin muffins, English muffins are leavened with yeast. They are typically served sliced and toasted with a sweet or savory topping.
English muffin & sausage casserole step by step
- Toast all of the english muffins then cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Brown and crumble ground sausage in a skillet till done.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk then mix in pimentos.
- Mix 1/2 cup softened butter with maple syrup then melt in the microwave till fully melted.
- In a 13 × 9 inch baking dish spray with cooking oil.
- Add half of the muffin pieces, then use a spoon too drizzle on about 1/4 cup of butter mixture on the english muffins pieces, add half of the sausage and pour on half of the egg mixture, then sprinkle on 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layer..
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator while oven is pre heating to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes then enjoy.
You can even make sandwiches with them. With this tutorial, you can make English muffins at home any time you want. The English muffin is yeast-risen, and bears little resemblance to its American counterpart, the muffin, which is known as a "quick bread" since it uses baking soda instead of yeast. In fact, English muffins are a lot closer to the English crumpet, which is a lot spongier and pancake-like, but closer in resemblance. Samuel Bath Thomas invented the English muffin.