Bran muffins. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners. These muffins are made with bran cereal, and sweetened with pineapple juice, brown sugar, and honey. It can be made the night before, and then baked in the morning.
When you think of bran muffins, you likely think that's a healthy breakfast —right? In a small mixing bowl, pour the boiling water over the half cup of cereal. When cooled, mix in the vegetable oil and egg. You can cook Bran muffins using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bran muffins
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 6 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 cups of all-bran or bran buds cereal.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
While the water/bran mixture cools, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Bran Muffins These hearty, nutritious muffins make a nice addition to all your meals no matter what time of day. They can bake while you prepare other menu items, so you can enjoy them hot from the oven. Bran Muffins Recipe photo by Taste of Home Combine cereal and milk.
Bran muffins instructions
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside..
- In large stand mixer bowl, add cereal and milk. Lightly mix to combine. Let stand for 1 or 2 minutes or until cereal is softened..
- Add eggs and oil to cereal mixture and beat well..
- Add flour mixture to cereal mixture, lightly mixing only until combined..
- Grease muffin tins or use cupcake liners in the muffin tins. Fill each cup 2/3 full..
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown..
- Note: I had a little batter left, so put in a small greased ramiken & put in oven about 5 minutes after the rest of the muffins started baking. I put them on the shelf under the muffins in the oven on a small cookie sheet..
Add egg and oil; beat well. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into bran mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a large bowl, combine the raisin bran, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil.