blueberry bran muffins. Gently stir in the wheat bran and blueberries until combined. Gently stir in the wheat bran and blueberries until combined. Bake a batch of better-for-you breakfast muffins by using oil instead of butter, swapping out some of the sugar for maple syrup, and adding nutty, nutritious bran.
In a small bowl, combine bran flakes and boiling water; set aside. Whisk together flours, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blueberry Bran Muffins are hearty, wholesome, and packed with nutrition. You can have blueberry bran muffins using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of blueberry bran muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of wheat bran.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn syrup.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of bakin soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of blueberries.
Incorporating two cups blueberries as well as a cup and a half of wheat bran! Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Let's talk the science of blueberry bran muffins (that sounds fun, right?) Bran absorbs liquid in the batter keeping the muffins moist.
blueberry bran muffins step by step
- preheat oven to 400. mix the bran and milk let sit for 10 mins. makes sure bran is totally soaked.
- mix together corn syrup, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. beat in bran mixture. sift together all dry ingredence. blend together a bit at a time untill smooth. fold in blueberries.
- bake for 15 – 20 mins.
It also functions to cut through strands of gluten as they form, which means softer, more tender results. This is the Best Bran Muffins Recipe ever! Moist, packed with flavor and easy to make, this recipe starts with bran cereal and be prepped the night before! It's great to have classic muffin recipes that always turn out great, so make sure to try my Blueberry Muffins and my Banana Muffins too! However, the "to die for blueberry muffins" recipe had a thicker batter resulting in rounded muffin tops.