Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits. Brush the hot biscuits with the remaining melted butter. Split the biscuits in half and ladle Chocolate Gravy over the hot biscuits. With wire whisk, stir in milk.
It is so good you will be going back for more. Grandmas and Nanas have been making this chocolate gravy for years for grandchildren for breakfast. On a clean surface, add all-purpose flour (or extra biscuit mix). You can have Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits
- You need of —Biscuits ——–.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare of —gravy ———-.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of —-scooter ———-.
- You need 8 tablespoon of butter.
Southern Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy Southern Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy is an Arkansas favorite and a special breakfast treat for all ages! Tender, flaky southern buttermilk biscuits are smothered in a rich homemade chocolate sauce for a wonderfully unique start to the day that is truly Southern! Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits Who is ready to be wowed? I know what your thinking, "chocolate gravy??" Learn how to make a real Old Fashioned Southern Breakfast comfort food, CHOCOLATE gravy and biscuits!
Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the biscuit ingredients..
- Form into 8 biscuits put into oven for 20 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for gravy.
- Heat stirring often till your desired thickness.
- When you split the biscuits add a tablespoon of butter to each split biscuit.
- Add chocolate gravy over the buttered biscuits. Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Sounds weird, but it's oooh so good! Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits A gravy made with flour, cocoa, sugar, butter, vanilla and milk, is best served right over some piping hot biscuits. yes, even if they are straight out of the can! Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits While every Southerner savors the creamy breakfast favorite, biscuits and gravy, at least every once in a while, it's usually referencing the sausage-speckled gravy our Mama made the best. But on even more rare occasions, Mama would break out the chocolate gravy. Maybe it was for a birthday, or.