Trifle. A light, fresh, and cool summer dessert. Angel food cake, fresh berries, and whipped topping, layered in a trifle bowl, makes for a pretty presentation; then you can see the layers of the dessert. This is a great Fourth of July red, white, and blue dessert.
How to use trifle in a sentence. There's more to pumpkin than pie, as this impressive trifle proves. It looks so elegant with alternating layers of gingerbread cake and pumpkin/butterscotch pudding. You can have Trifle using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Trifle
- It’s 1 cup of Custard.
- It’s 2 of Cupcakes (crumbled).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chocolate sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Tuty fruity.
- You need 2 tsp of Dry fruits (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 bowl of Fresh fruits (chopped).
Try making it ahead of time for a fuss-free dessert when you're planning to entertain guests. —Lyla Lehenbauer, New London, Missouri With my English trifle I substituted shortcake rounds on the bottom soaked w/sherry overnight. Hot Custard or vanilla pudding cooled then pured on top of the set jello. Complete topping w/fresh whipped cream ( carton type ) then toss sprinkes on the top and a cherry in. There's nothing trifling about these dramatic desserts and they're as easy as layering cake with fruit, custard, whipped cream, and other surprises.
Trifle step by step
- Take a glass or glass bowl.Arrange the cake crumbs custard and fruits in alternate layers.
- Now garnish it with cherry (optional) tuty fruity and chocolate sauce.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 10- 15 mins.
- Serve chilled as a dessert.
And making one is as easy as layering cake with fruit, custard, and whipped cream. To assemble the trifle, spoon a layer of the lemon cream into a large glass bowl. Add a layer of pound cake, breaking the slices into pieces that fit. Then soak the cake with a layer of berries and. Classic trifles—layers of cake, fruit, and custard in a glass bowl—deserve more credit than they typically get these days.