Black Forest Trifles. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking. Black Forest Chocolate Trifle is an extraordinary dessert that is surprisingly easy to make. Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and cherry pie filling form a beautiful make ahead dessert that everyone loves!
Cherries – the cherries add a touch of freshness and moisture to the trifle, giving the overall dessert a balanced flavour. The layers in this Black Forest Trifle all combine into an amazing combination of chocolate and cherry and cream. You get a double dose of chocolate from the chocolate cake and chocolate pudding. You can cook Black Forest Trifles using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Trifles
- Prepare 1 of small chocolate Swiss roll.
- Prepare 1 tin of cherries in syrup, drained & reserving the syrup.
- Prepare 300 ml of double cream.
- Prepare of Grated chocolate to decorate.
Then a generous layer of sweet cherry pie filling and it is all topped with creamy whipped cream. Delicious bing cherries, with devils food cake, mousse and whipped cream combine a dish to die for! I found it at The Food Channel while trying to find something similar here and couldn't find anything, after asking and receiving permission to repost it here, I'm excited to share it with everyone on. Trifle is a classic Christmas dessert.
Black Forest Trifles instructions
- Put 4 cherries to one side & roughly chop the rest..
- Whip the cream until thick then gently fold in the chopped cherries..
- Slice the swiss roll into 8. Place a slice of swiss roll in the bottom of a glass or serving dish & pour over a little of the cherry syrup. Spoon some of the cream & cherry mixture on top..
- Repeat then decorate with some grated chocolate & a whole cherry. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve. (Can be made a few hours ahead!).
In Australia, a festive trifle would always be served for Christmas dessert, along with Christmas pudding. This black forest trifle will become your new favourite Christmas dessert. The best thing about it is that it is keto friendly, so we can all enjoy it this Christmas. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; spread batter over bottom of Large Bar Pan. A trifle (trī'fəl) is a delicious dessert which can be made in many different flavor combinations.