Black Forest Trifle Dessert. To assemble the trifle, place half of the brownie cubes into the bottom of a Trifle Bowl. Layer with half of the pie filling mixture. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate; top with half of the pudding mixture.
Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and cherry pie filling form a beautiful make ahead dessert that everyone loves! It's a super moist dark chocolate cake and will make a wonderful trifle cake base. The layers in this Black Forest Trifle all combine into an amazing combination of chocolate and cherry and cream. You can cook Black Forest Trifle Dessert using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Trifle Dessert
- It’s 200 g of Chocolate Ripple Cookies.
- Prepare 1 of Canned Pitted Dark Cherries *425g.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sweet Sherry.
- Prepare of *Note: Alternatively you can use the cherry juice from the can for non-alcoholic dessert.
- It’s of Dark Chocolate *shaved OR grated.
- You need of <Whipped Cream Custard Ingredients>.
- It’s 2 of Egg Yolks.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 300 ml of Cream *whipped.
You get a double dose of chocolate from the chocolate cake and chocolate pudding. Black Forest Trifle gives you all the flavours of a black forest cake in one quick and easy-to-make dessert. Rich and chocolatey but light and fluffy, this simple but stunning layered dessert is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. Black Forest Trifle – Best Dessert for a Crowd BLACK FOREST BROWNIE TRIFLE If you've never had a trifle before, it's a classic english dessert made with layers of custard, sponge cake and fruit.
Black Forest Trifle Dessert step by step
- First you make Whipped Cream Custard. *Note: Whipped cream without custard is just fine, if you prefer..
- Place all Whipped Cream Custard Ingredients except Cream in a heat-proof bowl and whisk well to combine. Cook in the microwave in medium power about 500W for 1 minute. Mix well, then cook again in medium power for 1 minute and mix well. Cook again, if required, and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, beat cream using an electric beater or a whisk until firm peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the cooled custard and mix well..
- Drain the pitted cherries, reserving the juice if you use the juice to moisten the Chocolate Ripple Cookies..
- Place Sweet Sherry (OR reserved cherry juice) in a small bowl..
- Dip the Chocolate Ripple Cookies in the Sweet Sherry and place in the serving glasses. If necessary, break the cookies and place. Add the cream custard on top of the cookies, then place 3 to 4 cherries. Repeat the process. Then finish with the top layer with the cream custard..
- Gently cover with plastic food wrap and rest in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours, so that the cookies get soft and moist..
- Decorate with shaved dark chocolate and serve..
The word trifle is derived from the French word trufle meaning of little consequence…or something whimsical. Which a trifle most certainly is. Black Forest Cake Trifle If you read this lil' website of mine, you know that I LOVE a good trifle for dessert. I suspect it has to do with the fact that you can pre-make them – nay, you are supposed to make them the day before- leaving me with the actual day of any dinner party or event free to deal with dinner itself. Spoon chocolate whipped topping mixture over cherries.