You can cook Lebanese Shaabiyat using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Shaabiyat
- You need 2 of Homemade puff pastry sheets.
- It’s 1 batch of ashta cream.
- You need of For the simple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar..
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Recipe of Astha cream.
- It’s 250 ml of whole milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of vinegar or strained fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rose water(optional.
- Prepare 250 ml liter of whole milk.
- Prepare of For the milk pudding :.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn flour.
- Prepare as needed of Almonds chopped for garnishing (optional).
Lebanese Shaabiyat step by step
- Start by making the simple sugar syrup by adding all the ingredients stirring well over medium heat until it thickens, let it cool to room temperature..
- Prepare the ashta cream filling.
- Procedure of Astha Cream In a saucepan add 1 liter whole milk and bring just to boil over medium heat(don't let boil), add vinegar and stir once. See the milk immediately starting to curdle and turns to a clear colour.
- Add rose water and stir, after 1 minute turn of heat and use a spatula to collect the Ashta/Clottted Cream (cottage cheese)from the surface and place them into a strainer. Let cool completely at room temperature then transfer glass container..
- In a clean pot add 1/2 whole milk and corn flour, mix well using a hand mixer,put over medium heat and keep stirring tell milk thickens(around 5-8 mins.
- Turn of the heat, add in Ashta and mix well, until you get a homogeneous mixture (you can use the electric mixer/blender for better result)..
- Transfer ashta to glass container and let cool at room temperature,then you can use it as a filling or keep in your refrigerator well sealed for 2 weeks..
- Cut the pastry sheets into small rectangular shapes.
- Bake your puff pastry in 200 ℃,in a pre heated oven for 15 to 20 mins.
- Drizzle with simple syrup while hot on baked pastry.
- Fill in between (2 pastry)with approximately a tablespoon of the ashta cream.