Kahlua Mudslide Trifle. Cut between those rich layers is a welcoming interruption of tender crushed brownie bits and crunchy roasted almonds. A twist on the ice-cold Frozen Mudslide, this cocktail, simply known as the Mudslide drink, comes from a much warmer place. Legend tells us it was first concocted at a bar in the tropical Cayman Islands.
Set the brownies aside, and cool completely. Combine pudding mix, milk and Kahlua. It will make it easier to work with. You can cook Kahlua Mudslide Trifle using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kahlua Mudslide Trifle
- It’s 1 box of chocolate cake mix.
- It’s 2 (8 oz) of cool whip.
- It’s 2 packages of chocolate pudding.
- You need 3 of heath bars (if you can't find Heath bar pieces you can get the bars & grate them like I did).
- Prepare 1 of mini bottle of kahlua mudslide.
To assemble, use a pretty straight-sided glass bowl or trifle bowl. Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and milk in a blender or food processor and pulse until well blended. Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously. Tips for making this Kahlua Toffee Chocolate Trifle Recipe.
Kahlua Mudslide Trifle instructions
- Bake cake according to package directions. Once baked, let cool..
- Prepare pudding according to package directions..
- Cut cake into cubes..
- In a large trifle bowl start to layer- 1)Cake 2)1/4 cup kahlua 3)pudding 4)heath 5)cool whip. Repeat until bowl is full. Top with heath..
- Best when refrigerated over night 😊.
This is definitely a make ahead recipe so be sure to make it the night before because it gets better as it sits overnight. The original recipe calls for Skor bars but you can also use Heath Bars or any other brand of toffee chocolate bar. Take your trifle dish (I bought one relatively inexpensive) and start layering. Lay down a nice layer of cake chunks, then a layer of mousse, then your Cool Whip and a layer of crushed candy bar and repeat. Your might have enough to make a small one as well.