Razzleberry Pie. Razzleberry pie is one of those desserts that reminds me of my childhood. Each Thanksgiving, the most requested pie at my house is definitely the berry pie. It's the exact same thing as a mixed berry pie.
You'll love this pairing of ripe, red raspberries and sweet, juicy blackberries, baked in our signature extra-flaky, made-from-scratch pastry crust. Pop it in the oven for an easy bake and serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream! Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries are brightened with lemon juice and zest to make the filling for this juicy pie from Drummond Ranch pie party contestant Sherri Hagenhoff. You can have Razzleberry Pie using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Razzleberry Pie
- It’s of Utensils.
- It’s 1 large of Mixing Bowl.
- You need 1 of Aluminum Foil.
- You need 1 large of Cookie Sheet.
- Prepare 1 of Pastry Brush.
- Prepare 9 of inch Pie Pan.
- It’s of Crust.
- It’s 2 of Pie Crust (Ready to be Kneaded) Top/Bottom.
- Prepare of Filling Mix.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Granulated White Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Raspberries.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Blackberries.
- It’s of Glaze.
- You need 4 oz of Cream(Evaporated Milk or 2%Milk).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Granulated White Sugar.
Razzleberry pie is a perfect summer dessert! Fabulous when served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream! Razzleberry is a type of pie traditionally made with raspberries and blackberries. Razzleberry Pie, also known as Triple Berry Pie uses a combination of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries between two layers of flaky pie crust.
Razzleberry Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. Placing cookie sheet inside for it to preheat as well. You want to use bottom third of oven..
- Add washed berries into large mixing bowl and mix together with Lemon Juice..
- Mix in sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon. Mix gently until mix is evenly distributed among berries. Set aside while preparing crust..
- Knead one crust to fit pie pan and place inside pie pan, cutting excess from edges..
- Spoon berry mixture inside pie shell. Spread Evenly..
- Cut butter into pieces and place throughout top of berry mixture..
- Knead last pie shell and make straight 1/2" wide , roughly 5-9" long(smaller towards edge of pan obviously) strips, 12 strips should be good(6 For each direction of the Lattice). Take cream and brush on rim of of pie crust inside pan. Then place strips horizontally evenly distanced across pie, brushing cream on. Finish by repeating placement for rest of strips vertically overtop the horizontal ones, brushing cream on top. Press crusts firmly together around edge of pan.(This is a basic Lattice Design) Sprinkle sugar on crust if desired..
- If oven is fully preheated take aluminum foil and cover top of pie.(This helps prevent over-browning) Place Pie onto cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes.(You want to see the berry mixture just starting to bubble) Take foil off and allow crust to evenly brown and bake(3-5 minutes).
- Allow to cool at room temperature 2-4 hours. (If that's too long… which is usually the case. You can place pie inside fridge for 20-30 minutes, take out, cut into eights and place in fridge another 15-20 minutes. This thickens the juices and pie is still slightly warm.).
- If possible, leftovers can be saran wrapped and kept up to 3-4 days. (To reheat. Bake at 350 for 8-15 minutes, top wrapped with foil.).
Summertime is my favorite time of year to make pies. I know a lot of people only make pies during the holidays, but berry pies are my favorite. And the summer time is the best time for berries! Razzleberry Pie or Triple Berry Pie as it is often called, has also become very popular during the holidays as a colourful alternative to pumpkin! The rich buttery pie crust, with that dreamy lattice top is so easy to make too, and I'll show you how to make your very own Razzle Berry Pie with a Lattice Topped Pie Crust, step by step!