Cheerio, Granola Crust Cheesecake. In a food processor pulse the Cheerios and granola until they are very fine. While the processor is running add your melted coconut oil. Empty contents into a spring form pan and push down to form a crust.
Top with fresh berries, if desired. The mixture will be quite runny. Pour in each liner, on top of crust. You can have Cheerio, Granola Crust Cheesecake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheerio, Granola Crust Cheesecake
- Prepare 3 packages of Soften cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 of Zest/juice from half a lemon.
- You need of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of Cheerios.
- You need 1 cup of Granola.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Melted coconut oil (can use butter I just didn't have any!).
- You need of Sour cream glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of Sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Raspberry glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of Seedless raspberry jam.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Slurry of corn starch and water.
To help keep things lower in fat and calories, we're using light cream cheese and non-fat Greek yogurt. Honey is used as the cheesecake sweetener too, which keeps these totally refined sugar free. Using food processor, finely crush cereal. In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork.
Cheerio, Granola Crust Cheesecake step by step
- In a food processor pulse the Cheerios and granola until they are very fine. While the processor is running add your melted coconut oil. Empty contents into a spring form pan and push down to form a crust. Bake at 350 for 10 mins. Kick the oven back to 325.
- Wash your food processor;). To the processor add cream cheese and pulse until completely blended and smooth. Add your sugar and salt and pulse for another minute.
- Add vanilla and while food processor is running add eggs one at a time until each one is completely blended. Add lemon juice and lemon zest..
- In a measuring cup, measure out sour cream and heavy cream mix together. Add tablespoon of flour to that mix and whisk until all the clumps are gone. Again, while food processor is running add that mixture to the cheesecake batter. Blend until all ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Add your mixture to the crust and bake at 325 for an 1hr 15mins. **either bake cheesecake in a water bath OR add water to an over safe bowl and place next to cheesecake on the cooking rack** Turn your oven off, and crack the oven door and let it sit in the oven for another 30-40mins. Take out and let it cool completely before adding your toppings..
- FOR THE SOUR CREAM GLAZE- mix all the ingredients by hand until smooth. Leave in fridge until ready to use.
- FOR THE RASPBERRY SAUCE- add raspberry jam and water to a pot on medium low heat and whisk until smooth. Bring to a light boil. Make a slurry of about 1 tablespoon corn starch and water- whisk until smooth. Then add that to your raspberry. Whisk again until smooth and turn your heat off. Remove from stove and let it cool completely until ready for use.
- When the cheesecake is cooled completely (4+ hours) add a thin layer of the sour cream glaze and top it off with the raspberry sauce. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
Stir in melted butter until well mixed. crush cheerios in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin and pour into a medium bowl. Stir in sugar with a fork. Pour in melted margarine and mix with a fork until evenly combined. Break granola bars into pieces; place in gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag or in food processor; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet or process until fine crumbs form. My favorite part of a pie or tart, hands-down, is the crust.