Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham. Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham Brenda Texas. Had a wonderful flavor an super juicy! With a sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern on the fatty part of the ham.
Smoky, sweet, and fragrant, this juicy glazed ham recipe plays well with just about any side dish that Mama wants on her dinner table. Recipe: Honey-Bourbon Glazed Ham Southerners know food, and we're especially particular about our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. Place ham in baking pan and baste using the bowl mixture. You can cook Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham
- You need 1 of (10-pound) whole bone-in smoked ham, unsliced.
- You need 1 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 1 cup of soda or orange juice.
- You need of Basting Sauce.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of bourbon or whiskey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clover honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of raspberry preserves.
- You need 1/2 cup of raspberry chipotle jelly.
- Prepare 1 of Nonstick cooking spray.
Cover the ham with aluminum foil. Bake for one hour with the foil cover. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Once cooked remove ham from pan, slice and pour liquid over ham, serve.
Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium saucepan, heat bourbon, honey, and jellies over low heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. (When measuring honey, spray measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray to keep measurements accurate.) Set aside..
- With a sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern on the fatty part of the ham. Stud whole cloves in each diamond, at points where lines cross. Place the ham in large roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice. Pour the soda into the pan and spread half of the bourbon glaze over the ham and roast for 17-20 minutes per pound uncovered. If the ham begins to burn, cover loosely with foil. Baste occasionally about every 15-20 minutes with pan juices. Use remaining glaze for dipping sauce. Let ham stand for 30-40 minutes before slicing..
Place the ham in a large, resealable bag. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, add honey and bourbon and stir well, you don't have to heat anything up it will caramelize while baking. This Slow Cooker Ham With Honey And Bourbon is the perfect way to twist the flavor of a Slow Cooker Ham. I love to use my slow cooker at the holidays, it's a great way to keep the oven open for other sides and dishes. Even at Thanksgiving, we serve both ham and turkey every year so it works out perfectly since the turkey is in the oven.