Pink Popcorn. Try Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery. Like Sen-Sen and Flicks before it, pink popcorn was a product of a bygone era: A world where food dye made an appearance in everything from salads to side dishes, and pre-popped popcorn could be. Pop corn in an air popper.
It's lightly candy coated and with a fun pink color. Pop popcorn into a large bowl according to manufactures directions. Pour popped popcorn into two very large mixing bowls, set aside. You can cook Pink Popcorn using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pink Popcorn
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sugar.
- You need of Pink / red food coloring.
- You need of 1 Bag of popcorn popped.
In a large saucepan whisk together sugar, half and half, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Pink Popcorn is a perfect treat for Valentine's but you can make it year round. Change out your color and flavor according to the holiday and your mood.
Pink Popcorn step by step
- Pop the bag of popcorn as per package instructions in the microwave. I bought a bag of natural flavored popcorn. You can also pop your own popcorn. Once popped, put it into a large bowl and set it aside..
- Pink sugar syrup: Put the sugar, water and butter into a small saucepan and place on stove..
- Keep stirring till everything turns into a syrup. Add a few drops of the food coloring. Add more color than the shade of pink that you need as the color fades once done..
- Once the syrup starts to coat the spoon take it off the stove and add it to the bowl with the popcorn. Stir fast so that the syrup will get incorporated into the popcorn..
- Place the popcorn on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment/wax paper. Preheat over to 350F and bake the popcorn for about 10-15 minutes or till the popcorn becomes crunchy..
- If popcorn resembles large clumps, break it up as soon as it comes out of the oven. The popcorn will be sweet, salty and crunchy!.
So instead of using a source with no emotional attachment to the popcorn I chose to use one that had a personal story behind it. So huge thank you to Nan for the inspiration and the story behind your popcorn. No ordinary popcorn, this old-fashioned holiday candy is composed of pink and white popcorn coated with delicious sugar and made of a thicker texture than normal popcorn. The result is an absolutely scrumptious Christmas snack that's sure to return you to older times. Discover the wide range of from AliExpress Top Seller PINK POPCORN Store.