Baked Chicken in Tomato Sauce. Place chicken in a baking dish, and top with the zucchini and tomatoes. Pour the tomato sauce mixture over everything. Add a splash of sweet balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of cheese to Easy Tomato-Baked Boneless Chicken Breast.
Colour the chicken in a frying pan of hot oil and then place into a baking dish along with the basil, Parmesan and cherry tomato sauce, whole button mushrooms and half of the basil. Crush the tomatoes with a fork in a medium bowl; stir in remaining dried parsley and basil, grated Parmesan, diced garlic and olive oil. Remove seared to chicken and set aside. (the chicken will not be fully cooked but will continue to cook in the tomato sauce later). You can have Baked Chicken in Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken in Tomato Sauce
- You need 500 gm of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (halves).
- Prepare of Basil and oregano herbs.
- You need of Garlic and onion powder.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Olives.
Reduce heat of skillet to medium. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Another great side for the Italian Chicken in tomato sauce would be these roasted smashed potatoes with garlic and parmesan. Now here's one last tip before getting to the recipe.
Baked Chicken in Tomato Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 200°c. While waiting, prepare chicken in a tray and spread olive oil around them..
- Pour tomato sauce on the chicken. The sauce doesn't need to cover everything, just pour on top..
- Sprinkle the herbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper as you prefer..
- Add the cherry tomatoes on top. If the cherry tomatoes are the sweet type, you can add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to give that sour taste..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes..
- Serve hot with grated cheese or olives..
To make this Italian chicken in creamy tomato sauce even more delicious, add plenty of herbs like parsley, thyme and basil. Trust me, this will make it super flavorful. Add the chicken and potatoes to the pot and brown the chicken. Add the tomato sauce and add enough water to cover the chicken. Place chicken on top of tomatoes; make sure that the chicken is nestled down in the tomatoes so it simmers in the sauce while it cooks.