Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe. Chef Ed Brown, President of Restaurant Services at Restaurant Associates, shows us a delicious and healthy pancake recipe. This quinoa and kale pancake features three different Spanish olive oils, arbequina, cornicabra, and picual, and is topped with a refreshing vegetable relish. Then bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Don't forget the flour because it helps bind the patties. Read directions and watch the video before starting- this recipe can be tricky. In a medium pot, over high heat, add rinsed white quinoa, salt, garlic powder, cumin, dried herbs, olive oil, and stir. You can cook Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe using 31 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe
- It’s 1 cup of Quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 4 of ea. Eggs, whisked.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Parmesan, shredded.
- You need 2 of ea. Spring onion, sliced thin, both green and white parts.
- It’s 3 of ea. Garlic clove, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Kale, steamed, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Gluten free breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need of Vegetable Relish.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomatoes, split, core removed, seeded, small diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kirby cucumber, split, core removed, seeded, small diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Red onion, small dice, washed twice with hot water and 1 time with cold.
- Prepare 2 of ea. Green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Edamame, peel and take off outer skin.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Manchego cheese, crumbled.
- You need 8 of ea. Basil leaves, torn by hand.
- Prepare 6 of ea. Mint leaves, torn by hand.
- It’s 4 oz. of Bacon, small diced and rendered.
- It’s 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare 1 of ea. Lime, split and juice of.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Ground black pepper.
- It’s as needed of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, for drizzling.
- You need 1 tsp. of Pimentón de la vera.
- You need as needed of Maldon Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 of ea. Avocado, peel and pit.
To prepare relish, arrange bell peppers, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Remove pan from oven; wrap peppers in foil. Create a batter by combining flour, doenjang, gochujang, and water in a bowl and mixing well until it's soft, a little thick, and creamy. Remove the stalks and the center stalks of the kale by pulling off the leaves off with your hands.
Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe step by step
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa thoroughly before cooking, place the grains in a medium sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Allow quinoa to soak for 15 minutes. Then bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Cook until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature..
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, parmesan, spring onions, garlic, salt, steamed kale, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid. You want the batter to moist, but not runny. Form into pancakes..
- Heat 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up to 6 patties at a time..
- Cook for 2 ½ minutes until the one side is golden brown, flip and cook other side for 2 ½ minutes as well. Let pancakes rest on a cooking rack while you finish the next batch..
- In a non-reactive bowl, add the tomato, cucumber, onions, green onions, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let rest for 20 minutes..
- Add edamame, manchego, basil, mint, bacon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and a squeeze of lime juice, salt and pepper..
- Take skin off of the bacon and cut into ½ inch pieces or lardons..
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat add bacon and cook until golden and most fat is rendered..
- Save bacon fat for other use and place cooked bacon under paper towels. Reserve..
- To finish, place quinoa pancakes on center of plate and add ¼ of the summer relish, drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and pimentón de la vera finish with maldon sea salt and avocado as an option..
Roll up the kale leaves and chop them into small pieces. This recipe uses quinoa which is gluten-free, high in protein and fiber, and has a nice nutty flavor. But you can always substitute for either rice or noodles. Take out the chicken and add extra edamame and you have a great vegetarian meal instead. Or add shrimp if you like.