Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce. Trim and remove excess fat from the fat cap. Remove brisket and wrap fat side up tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil. Mix together the spices in a small bowl.
Place the brisket on the grill over the indirect-heat area and cover the grill. Remove the brisket from the grill and wrap it in aluminum foil. Smoked brisket is one of barbecue's best meats. You can have Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce
- It’s of Mop Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need of Dry Rub.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coarse black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- It’s of Meat.
- You need 7.3 pound of flat brisket.
- You need of Grill.
- Prepare of Mesquite pellets.
The good news is that you can replicate the tender and juicy beef flavors of traditional charcoal BBQ in other backyard cookers. From the best woods to delicious rubs, find out everything you need to know with our guide on how to smoke brisket in an electric smoker. Put the pan back on the cooker in a hot spot and close the lid. Let the cubes absorb most of the liquid and start to sizzle, but don't let them burn.
Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce step by step
- Mix these all of the mop sauce ingredients together and store overnight in the refrigerator..
- Meat should be thawed completely before putting in the refrigerator overnight..
- Allow meat to sit out at room temperature, uncovered/wrapped for 30 minutes..
- Trim the flat, trying to leave about 1/4” thick of fat wherever possible..
- Preheat the grill to 180 degrees..
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together and rub it over every part of the brisket..
- Once the grill is preheated, put a probe in the thickest part of the brisket and place the brisket on the grill, fat side up. Cook for 2 hours..
- After cooking for 2 hours, turn the heat up to 275 degrees. Flip the brisket over, fat side down, and place in an aluminum pan. While the grill is warming up, brush the mop sauce over every visible part of the brisket..
- Cook for about 5 hours (until the probe reaches 190 degrees). Every hour, reapply the mop sauce as done previously..
- When the probe reaches 190 degrees, take the brisket off the grill and allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes..
- Cut the brisket against the grain into slices about 1/4” thick..
A good, rich barbecue sauce adds flavor to smoked brisket whether it is sliced to chopped, but the most important benefit is the moisture it adds. Barbecue brisket can dry out quickly, either in the smoker or more likely once it is cut up for serving. To prevent the meat from getting too dry, you want to add a little sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, brown sugar, pepper flakes, garlic powder and cumin. Knowing the temp in your grill is crucial, so if your grill doesn't have a temperature gauge, purchase a digital BBQ thermometer.