potato and onion bake. This Potato and Onion bake is a simple french potato dish (Pommes Boulangère/Boulangère Potatoes) that is big on flavor, easy to make and makes a great alternative to creamy scalloped potatoes. Boulangère Potatoes is an amazing potato bake. Thinly sliced potatoes and onions are layered in a baking dish with butter and herbs.
Serve with parsley and plenty of salt and pepper sprinkled over the top. Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Top with a thin layer of onion slices, a little shredded cheese, then season with a pinch of salt and some pepper. You can cook potato and onion bake using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of potato and onion bake
- It’s 6 medium of new potatoes.. (each about the size of a duck egg).
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- You need 1 of red sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coarse black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of hot chile pepper. de-seeded..
- Prepare 1/2 pints of whole milk.
- It’s 1 packages of cheese sauce mix.
- Prepare 2 oz of good cheese… grated (your prefered cheese).
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or grease lightly with olive oil. Repeat until all potatoes and onion are used. Place a layer of potatoes in the dish followed by few onions. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of the onion soup mix over the onions and potatoes.
potato and onion bake instructions
- slice potatoes onions and sweet pepper.
- heat milk for sauce.
- pre heat oven to 160°c.
- fry in a large pan… a wok is good here… for about 3 mins just to start everything cooking..
- whilst frying veg make up cheese sauce with boiling milk..
- add hot chile (chopped finely and de seeded) to cheese sauce with black pepper.
- place partly cooked veg in an oven proof dish and cover with the sauce mix.
- sprinkle over with the grated cheese.
- bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 mins.
- serve with steamed brocolli and/or asparagus… as a side with a main meal… or just as a quick winter warmer.
Stir, and remove any onion pieces that are already browned to a plate. Add the onion pieces you've removed back to the pan, gently stir one more time, and serve. In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients. Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the potatoes and onions are golden brown.