sausage subs w/ caramelized onions. sausage subs w/ caramelized onions tasty ! Top sausages with caramelized onions, dividing equally. Top with Gruyère or Emmental cheese slices, dividing equally.
Toss and turn the sausage, peppers and onions, picking up all the drippings from the pan. Add a generous spread of mustard, a layer of arugula, a split sausage, some caramelized onions, sprinkling of sundried tomatoes and optional capers. You may want to use toothpicks to hold this sandwich together as you cut it in half for serving. You can have sausage subs w/ caramelized onions using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of sausage subs w/ caramelized onions
- You need 2 of jimmy dean mild italian sausages.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cup of prego spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of mozerells cheese grated.
- It’s 2 of soft sandwhich rolls.
- You need 1 of foil.
- You need 1 cup of parmesaun cheese.
Top sausages with caramelized onions, dividing equally. Top with Gruyère or Emmenthal cheese. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Generously brush sausage with mustard as they cook.
sausage subs w/ caramelized onions step by step
- heat pan medium heat with olive oil.
- place sausages brown both sides.
- cut onion into chunks and strips.
- add onion let cook 2 min.
- add spaghetti sauce.
- cover let simmer until sausages fully cooked.
- slice rolls make room for sausages to fit.
- place sausage in rolls add onion and sauce.
- top with cheeses.
- gently wrap with foil bake @250 in oven till cheese melted and roll warm.
- serve warm & enjoy.
Place the rolls on the grill and toast on each side. With a fork, poke a few holes on each side of the bratwurst sausage to keep them from bursting while they cook. Place the brats in the hot skillet, then place the onions around them. Stir the onions to spread them around and to coat with oil. Warm butter in a skillet over medium heat.