Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth. Fresh green beans are deep fried to crisp, golden perfection and dipped in a sweet and sour sauce. Green beans are more than just a side dish. This good-for-you veggie can be the base of casseroles and stir-fries, a super salad mix-in — and just about everything in between!
Green beans, string beans, snap beans, haricots verts— whatever you like to call 'em-are the simple, stringy veggies that have graced practically every dinner table. Especially around the holidays. (For me, Thanksgiving doesn't start until there's a green bean casserole present.) And what's not to love about green beans? Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber. You can have Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth
- Prepare of RICE.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of French style frzn gr beans.
- It’s 2 medium of Onions(1&¼ for the rice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sundried tomatoes blended together w oven-roasted garlic (tomatoes came in a jar packed in olive oil, roast the garlic then put it into the fp w the tomatoes & blend til paste like consistency, put back in jar, this way the r garlic won't go bad!).
- You need 2 cup of Instant brown rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Pre-made chicken broth(like if you pre-boiled some chicken for baking or something. Or you can use water or store bought broth or use vegetable broth, I like to use homemade.).
- You need of Fish.
- It’s 1 of Use the same chicken broth, enuf to cover the filets..
- Prepare 8 medium of Tilapia filets(mine were frzn).
- You need 3/4 medium of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of Garlic powder to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of (or, more or less to taste) lemon juice!.
- Prepare 1 of A couple dahes of chili oil.
- It’s 1 of A couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Spanish paprika towards the end for taste, & then to garnish..
- You need 1 of A couple dashes of hot sauce.
They have similar nutritional benefits to snap peas and okra. Green beans are a good source of complex carbohydrates. There are four grams of starch in a one-cup serving of green beans. Starch provides the body with quick energy.
Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth instructions
- FOR THE RICE: put the butter/margarine & the gr beans into a rice cooker. Turn the rice cooker on to start thawing the beans. Meanwhile, dice up 1&¼ of the onions up, (thinly slice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- Once you hv the onion diced, add it to the beans. Stir it around a bit, then add the salt & pepper. Stir some more. Now add the tomatoes & stir. Mix well. Turn off cooker til you hv added the rice & broth..
- Next, add the rice & the broth, making sure to mix it well so you get everything well incorporated. Put on the lid & turn it on..
- FOR THE FISH: (I did mine on the stovetop. You can bake it if you like, just note that it might hv a different flavor or texture.) In a lrg skillet, add the broth, fish, & onion. Turn the burner on medium-med high. (note that the fish may overlap each other, this is ok.).
- Next, add your salt & pepper & garlic powder..
- (stir the rice & check on the doness.).
- Now you can add in the lemon juice, worcestershire, & the chili oil(can be replaced by red pepper flakes if you don't hv any oil.).
- Let this come to a boil. (it'll cook pretty fast once it starts boiling.) No need to flip the fish, just let them cook for now..
- Finally, check to see if your rice cooker has turned off (or over to warm), if it has, stir the rice & check the rice for doneness, & to see if it needs more liquid or not. Add if needed. Next, check on the fish. (note: fish will fall apart, this is suppose to happen! Instead of trying to flip the filets, just stir the fish til you hv lrg broken chunks of fish. Taste for seasoning lvl. Add more seasonings @ this time if they are needed..
- @ this time, if everything is done, add the paprika & let cook for another 2-3 min. Then add in a dash or 2 of hot sauce if desired..
- To serve, mound some of the rice in the center of a bowl & ladle some of the fish w broth on top then add a little extra broth over the whole thing..
In addition, you'll benefit from almost three grams of fiber when you consume a serving of green beans. The flavor combinations with green beans are seemingly endless, whether it's nutty, fruity, citrusy, smoky, you name it! If hearty fall recipes or Thanksgiving menu ideas are what you're after, you'll be pleased to find a variety of recipes with seasonal flavors. Green beans are super easy to incorporate into everything from side dishes to main courses. Also called string beans, green beans are made up of small seeds encased in long pods.