Crispy Onion Battered Fish. Great recipe for Crispy Onion Battered Fish. I didn't have bread crumbs for my fish batter so I grounded up some crispy onions and used them for replacing the bread crumbs! This might be my new bread crumb replacement for a lot of things.
Dip fish or vegetables into dry flour first before dipping into batter. Drain on paper towels and keep in warm oven while frying. Serve with tartar. ️ Ingredients Needed . You can cook Crispy Onion Battered Fish using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Onion Battered Fish
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crispy onions.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of garlic plus seasoning.
- You need 4 tbsp of lemon and pepper seasoning.
- You need 4 tbsp of Italian and herb Seasoning.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 4 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 can of Green Beans.
- You need 2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Soya Sauce.
- You need 2 large of Cod Fish filets.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of relish.
- It’s 1 small of lime.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic.
White Fish – Tilapia, Cod, Bass, Catfish are all great fish varieties to use. You will find any white fish works great. Cornstarch – Helps bring the batter a light and airy texture ; Beer – Adjusts the texture and gives a nice flavor to the batter.; Creole – This is a Cajun spice to help bring out natural flavors in the fish. The French fried onion in the crust on this fish give it a very nice flavor – you get a flavor of onion but it isn't overwhelming.
Crispy Onion Battered Fish instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix in small bowl 1 large egg and 1 cup of milk.
- Ground up the crispy onions in processor/chopper until looks like bread crumbs.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, crispy onions, lemon and pepper seasoning, Italian and herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cut fish into twos or threes, which ever you prefer. Then dip in egg/milk mixture and roll in flour/onion crumb mixture..
- Put tin foil on the bottom of a large baking dish, or baking pan. Then brush on a thin layer of Olive oil on the tin foil.
- Lay fish over top of the Olive oil, add a few teaspoons of butter in the pan around the fish. Then put a thin layer of Olive oil over top of the fish..
- Put in oven for about 30 mins. When fish is fully cooked put oven on high broil to Brown the top of your fish for about 10 mins..
- Cook your white rice and veggies for side dishes. While the fish is cooking. Add in some butter and salt.
- Mix together in small bowl the mayo, relish, garlic and lime juice for your homemade Tartar sauce..
I also like the crunchiness that the onions and panko gave the fish. This is a delicious and quick dish to serve to your fish loving family and friends. And when it comes to fish, a fry batter made with beer yields the best result for a light, puffy, ultra crispy coating that stays crispy well beyond the time it takes to serve and eat it. Here's what makes beer batter so good: Directions. Stir in milk and beer until smooth.