Pork, Leek And Onion Soup. Before you jump to Pork, Leek And Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Select To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health. Many people do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat bottom. Once hot, add in diced leeks, onion, and garlic. When leek/onion mixture is done, add in pork and brown on all sides. You can cook Pork, Leek And Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
- You need of soup.
- It’s 8 oz of boneless pork, diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 6 of grinds of fresh black pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby kale.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of soy sauce to add to finished servings.
- It’s 7 of .1 ounce bag of udon noodles.
- You need pinch of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
Healthy, filling and easy to prepare. Make it hearty with a good dinner roll or keep it lighter with a green salad for the side. Heat the oil in a soup pan. Fry the ground pork until brown, add ground caraway, garlic, some salt and pepper.
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup step by step
- Pull outer leaves off of leek. Cut off top green part, root end and slice thin..
- In a large bowl of cold water, place sliced leeks, breaking apart rings. Soak for 10 minutes then stir to help remove dirt. Using a strainer, scoop out leeks trying not to disturb water much leaving dirt and sediment at bottom pf bowl..
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Add sliced onions , sprinkle a touch of salt over onions and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add in garlic and cook another minute..
- Using a bit more of the salt and all of the pepper, season pork cubes before adding to pot with onions..
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until pork shows no pink color..
- Add in sesame oil and fennel seed..
- Turn heat up to medium high and add in white wine..
- Cook for 4 minutes to cook out alcohol content..
- Now add in broth, leeks and kale. Lower heat back to medium. Taste now for salt content. Add a pinch extra if needed until desired taste..
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Uncover, turn off heat and add udon noodles. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir and serve..
- You may add a splash or two of soy sauce to each serving..
- Recipe.by taylor68too..
If using Mett, you will not have to spice the meat. Which kind of onion would you like in the recipe? Leeks Vidalia Sweet Onion White Onion Purple Onion Any Type of Onion. Sauté onions, garlic and leeks on medium heat in melted butter until soft. Pour chicken broth over potatoes until all potatoes are covered.