Carrot and onion fritters. In a medium bowl combine carrots, onion, green onions, flour, salt, pepper and eggs; mix well to coat. Drop the carrot mixture into the oil a tablespoonful at a time. Carrot and onion fritters Delicious mix of flavours, with most ingredients right there in your pantry and fridge!
Heat a skillet over medium heat; use a nonstick pan or a tiny bit of cooking oil. Instructions Combine the carrot, spring onion, ground cumin, ground coriander, fresh coriander, salt and garlic in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the beaten eggs and flour and mix until just combined. You can cook Carrot and onion fritters using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and onion fritters
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of plain (AP) flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, for frying.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add spoonfuls of the mixture and use a spatula to flatten the mixture into discs. Make the fritter mixture by mixing sautéd carrot and onion with egg, salt and pepper, and semolina. Once the mixture thickens, blend until smooth. Create fritters from the mixture and coat each one with breadcrumbs.
Carrot and onion fritters instructions
- In to large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly..
- Form in to small to medium sized patties..
- Add half of patties to hot frying pan with small amount of oil covering base of pan..
- Fry over medium heat for approx 2-3 minutes each side. Flattening down patties with spatula as they cook..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce of choice. I used mango chutney. Yum yum! Bon appetit..
Fry and serve warm with sour cream. To make Cheesy Carrot Fritters, you will need the following. Beetroot, carrot and spring onion fritter Keep your tastebuds tingling with these sweet and earthy fritters. Packed full of nutrients and purple in hue, serve these crispy light bites on their own or with salad for a delicious meal. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.