Cheesy caramelized onions on splitdogs. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring often, until deep golden.
Dip biscuit pieces in butter mixture; place in a single layer over onion mixture in skillet. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Beat with a hand mixer until light and. You can have Cheesy caramelized onions on splitdogs using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy caramelized onions on splitdogs
- It’s 1/2 pound of hotdogs, 4.
- You need 2 slices of American cheese.
- You need 1/2 of small onion sliced thinly.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
Add the butter and oil to coat the bottom. Add the onions to the skillet and stir well to coat in the butter and oil. Sprinkle half of cheese mixture over potatoes; top with caramelized onions and remaining cheese mixture. Stir in balsamic vinegar, sugar, and thyme and remove from heat.
Cheesy caramelized onions on splitdogs instructions
- Split the hotdogs lengthwise, but not all the way through. Put on a hot pan fry till crispy. I like mine very crispy.
- Add butter and thinly sliced onions amd sauté till they are translucent, but caramelized..
- Move to a plate and add onions down the center of each splitdogs..
- Split the cheese slices in half amd add to top of onions and splitdogs. Add barbecue sauce. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
The more caramelized onions, the better the Käsepätzle will be. Place a third of the Spätzle in the bottom of dish, followed by a third of the cheese and a third of the caramelized onions. I usually use yellow onions, but white or purple will also work. The amount of onions to caramelize is up to you. I find that two to three work well for a large skillet.