Spam Pineapple Onion Kabobs. Directions Heat grill to medium heat. Kabobs with SPAM® cubes, pineapple and onion are glazed with pineapple preserves and hot pepper flakes. Then they're grilled to perfection with, get this, melted Swiss cheese on top!
Preheat your grill to medium heat. Add chunks of pineapple, Spam, and red onion to skewers, alternating until you get to the top of the skewer. Brush the finished skewers with olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can have Spam Pineapple Onion Kabobs using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spam Pineapple Onion Kabobs
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of can of Spam (hickory smoked or teriyaki flavor).
- You need 1 (20 oz) of can pineapple slices (In light syrup).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need of Reserved liquid from pineapple.
- You need 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- It’s 7 of kabob skewers.
Alternately thread SPAM cubes, pineapple chunks, and bell pepper pieces on eight skewers. Choose your own order – shown is banana, pineapple, Spam, pearl onion, green Bell pepper, banana, pineapple, Spam, pearl onion, and green Bell pepper. Grill on preheated grill over moderate heat. Use pliers to grasp the skewers.
Spam Pineapple Onion Kabobs instructions
- Pour liquid from pineapple and soy sauce into saucepan on medium high heat and reduce by 3/4 and set aside..
- Slice spam, pineapple and onion into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Arrange skewers with spam, pineapple and onion using only half of skewer so you can have a handle to turn kabobs. Mill black pepper over both sides..
- Grill over medium high heat basting frequently with reduced sauce until kabobs start to caramelize and are heated through..
- Plate up and enjoy!.
Cut pineapple into similar sized pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to the pan to coat the bottom. Fry spam cubes until golden brown. How to Make Hawaiian SPAM Kebab with Honey.