Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker. Place the sausages in an even layer over the pepper mixture. Cook in the slow cooker for several hours, until sausages are cooked through, and peppers and onions are soft. TIP: Add extra flavor and moisture by spooning some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the sausage and peppers.
Add tomato puree mixture, sausage, peppers and onion to slow cooker crock. Stir until mixture is coated with sauce. Place the sausages, peppers and onions into the slow cooker. You can have Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Italian sausage links (hot or sweet).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need 2 of bell peppers (any color).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each granulated sugar, salt, dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, oregano.
I usually chop the veggies while the sausages are browning, throw them in the Crock Pot, then add the sausages on top. Leave your Crock Pot sausages, peppers and onions to work their magic. Layer remaining peppers and onions on top of sausage. Place browned sausage in slow cooker.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker well. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, garlic, worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasonings. Set this aside..
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat. Slice the sausages into thirds, then place them into the pan and brown for just a couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown. You don't have to worry about them being fully cooked through at this point, as they'll finish cooking in the slow cooker..
- Once browned all over, transfer the sausages into the slow cooker. Slice the onion in half, then slice it so that you get thin, half moon shaped slices. Slice the bell peppers into strips. Add the onions and peppers to the slow cooker and stir everything together..
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. The sausage, onions, and peppers should be very soft and tender. Serve immediately however you'd like..
Add the peppers, onions, garlic, and Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce to the slow cooker; stir. Simply throw in your favorite can of beer instead of the chicken broth. The beer adds a unique flavor and makes the meat very tender. Season veggies with Italian seasoning, garlic powder along with salt and pepper. Pour this tomato paste mixture over peppers and onion.