🍄 Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Soup. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
There are many mushroom soup recipes on the web, so I looked at a few and made the concoction below. It was good, but not nearly as strongly flavored as this Thai sweet potato soup. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer over. You can cook 🍄 Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍄 Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Soup
- Prepare of For the stock.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of carrot 🥕, peeled and cut in half.
- You need 3 of quarters of an onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, or ketchup would work as well.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of For the soup.
- Prepare of Some oil for sauteing.
- Prepare 1 of quarter of an onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s Pinch of sugar.
- You need 3 of sliced mushrooms 🍄.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of quarter cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Transfer onion mixture to medium bowl. Add onions and thyme; saute until onions begin to soften. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. This easy French onion soup gets its rich, deep flavor from caramelized onions and lots of delicious mushrooms.
🍄 Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Soup step by step
- Bring water and stock ingredients to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Strain the stock and set aside.
- Heat some oil and caramelize thinly sliced onions with a pinch of sugar.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add mushrooms and some salt and cook until softened.
- Add soy sauce and stock to veggies and simmer until the soup is heated through.
- Add green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you've never had mushrooms in a French onion soup before then you're in for a treat! Classic French onion soup is made with beef broth and has croutons and cheese melted on top. This caramelized onions and mushrooms recipe is so versatile that it can go with steak, burgers, pizza, chicken, grain bowls, or really any dish you'd love to add a savory pop to. Here are a few of my favorites that these work great with: Grilled Flank Steak – It's perfect as a side dish for steak. This Creamy French Onion and Mushroom Soup is the best bowl of cozy french onion soup.