Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions. Place the sausages in an even layer over the pepper mixture. Using tongs, transfer the sausages to a serving platter. Slow Cooker Italian sausage, peppers, and onions simmers for hours to create one simple meal that is delicious served over pasta, crusty bread, or potatoes.
Sausage, peppers and onions are slow cooked with marinara sauce and Italian seasoning, for a delicious Crock Pot sausage and peppers meal that requires only a few minutes of your active time. It's beyond easy to make this Italian comfort food dinner that's both healthy and flavorful. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You can have Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- It’s 1 of large pack hot or sweet Italian sausages.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers, sliced.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 15 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1-24 ounce of bottle of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Prepare Dash of black pepper.
Add the Italian sausage links and cook, turning frequently, until well browned. Add the sausage to the crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. In addition, you can make slow cooker sausage peppers onions and potatoes. Simply put your favorite type of potatoes under the sausages in your crock pot prior to the cooking time.
Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions step by step
- Boil your sausages in a large pot for 45 minutes……
- Drain water from sausages…..I let mine get a little bit browned in the pan after draining the water……
- Add to crockpot : drained sausages, green peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and pasta sauce, stir until sausages are fully coated……
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours… Stirring occasionally…….
- Serve on hot dog buns or hoagie rolls and enjoy 😉!!!.
In a slow cooker add the tomatoes, Chianti wine, salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook the sausage in a heavy skillet over medium heat until browned, turning occasionally. Add all of the browned sausages, then the rest of the onions and peppers. Add the bay leaves and garlic. This is how I make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers: In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.